Rolling deadline, coincides with academic calendar.
Dates: Summer, Fall, and Spring (20 hrs per week)
Description: The Health Care Policy Internship is based in Austin and provides general support for the CDF-Texas policy division. The intern works 20 hours per week, and provides substantive research, compiles reports, monitors interim legislative committees and helps with the execution of advocacy-related activities, including advocate training/recruitment, story collection, public education, legislator visits, legislative briefings, and other policy division projects.
- Advocate outreach and recruitment
- Policy research, briefs and training material
- Conducts research on public policy, media trends and other subjects as needed
- Assists in the development and execution of special projects
- Perform other division, department, and organization-wide special projects as needed and assigned
- Assist and contribute to CDF’s social media platforms
- Evenings and occasional weekend activity is required, consistent with policy support for a leading national not-for-profit organization
- Ability to work effectively and calmly in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, and ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational and execution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to social advocacy and CDF’s mission to be a voice for all children
- Ability to organize facts and present issues in a clear, concise and logical manner, both orally and in writing
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact diplomatically and professionally with CDF staff and external partners/contacts
- Strong computer, Internet and research skills
To apply, candidates should email a one-page cover letter describing interest and qualifications, with resume attached, to: email@example.com and type POLICY INTERN in the email subject line.